The operating system for collecting, sharing and promotion of digital satellite information about the environment - Sat4Envi
The project "Operating system for sharing and promotion of digital satellite information about the environment - Sat4Envi" is a project implemented by the Institute of Meteorology and Water Management - National Research Institute in cooperation with Space Research Centre of Polish Academy of Sciences (SRC PAS), Academic Computer Centre CYFRONET AGH and Polish Space Agency (POLSA).
The main purpose of the Sat4Envi project is to provide satellite data from the Copernicus program and data from other environmental and meteorological satellites.
SRC PAS in Sat4Envi project is responsible for:
- creating the Mobile Satellite Data Analysing and Development Centre, which will enable the effective use of digital satellite data in emergency rescue management. The Mobile Centre will also allow the implementation of a pilot participation program for specialists in the field of using satellite information from the Crisis Information Centre of SRC PAS, in order to satisfy their operational needs,
- development and implementation of the Training Program for statutory users in the field of crisis management and rescue, including the acquisition, analysis and use of satellite data,
- user support in ordering, using and interpreting data provided as part of the Customer Service System platform, with particular emphasis on crisis management and rescue.
Duration: October 2017 - September 2020
The project is being realised as part of the Operational Program Digital Poland.
Driving Innovation in Crisis Management for European Resilience (DRIVER+)
Current and future challenges due to increasingly severe consequences of natural disasters and terrorist threats require the development and uptake of innovative solutions that are addressing the operational needs of practitioners dealing with Crisis Management (CM). DRIVER+ is a FP7 Crisis Management demonstration project aiming at improving the way capability development and innovation management is tackled. DRIVER+ has three main objectives:
- Develop a pan-European Test-bed for Crisis Management capability development:
- develop a common guidance methodology and tool (supporting trials and the gathering of lessons learned,
- develop an infrastructure to create relevant environments, for enabling the trialing of new solutions and to explore and share CM capabilities,
- run trials in order to assess the value of solutions addressing specific needs using guidance and infrastructure,
- ensure the sustainability of the pan-European Test-bed.
2. Develop a well-balanced comprehensive Portfolio of Crisis Management Solutions:
- facilitate the usage of the Portfolio of Solutions,
- ensure the sustainability of the portfolio of tools.
3. Facilitate a shared understanding of Crisis Management across Europe:
- establish a common background,
- cooperate with external partners in joint trials,
- disseminate project results.
Duration: September 2017 - April 2020
This project has received funding from the European Union’s 7th Framework Programme for Research, Technological Development and Demonstration under Grant Agreement (GA) N° #607798 and from financial resources for science in 2018-2023 granted for the implementation of an international co-financed project.
More information about the DRIVER+ project available here: http://www.driver-project.eu/